Four days before the royal wedding, Meghan Markle‘s father has given the latest update on his health.

On Wednesday, Thomas Markle told TMZ that he successfully completed heart surgery and his doctors implanted multiple stents in his blood vessels. He remains hospitalized, according to TMZ.

News of Thomas’ medical procedure comes one day after he told the gossip site that he will not be able to walk his daughter down the aisle at her wedding to Prince Harry on Saturday.

Thomas, who was the former lighting director on TV shows such as Married…With Children and General Hospital, told TMZ on Monday that he had suffered a heart attack last week, but had checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend Meghan’s big day.

RELATED: Everything You Need to Know About the Markle Family Drama Ahead of the Royal Wedding

Then, on Tuesday, Thomas said he was back in the hospital due to chest pains and had received texts from Meghan telling him that she wanted him to be present for her wedding.

“I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle,” he said. “Of course I’d walk her down the aisle. This is a historic moment. I’d like to be a part of history.”

Don’t miss out! Tune in to Meghan and Harry – a Fairy-Tale Wedding on Saturday, May 19, starting at 6 a.m. ET/ 3 a.m. PT on PeopleTV — now available on PeopleTV.com and on your favorite streaming device.

Thomas previously said that he believes his heart attack was caused by the open letter his son, Thomas Markle Jr., wrote to Harry two weeks ago, warning him against marrying Meghan, his half-sister.

The status of Thomas’ heart condition follows controversy surrounding the revelation that …read more

Source:: People.com

      

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *