It’s easy to crop a video on your Mac computer using iMovie.
You’ll have two cropping options for videos — Crop to Fill and Ken Burns — and you can play around with these frames and share your cropped video when finished.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
While iMovie is a great tool that comes standard with your Mac, you don’t have to be an expert editor to use it.
One of the easiest and most basic uses is cropping videos. This can come in handy if you want to focus on a certain part of the frame, or if you want to make a vertical iPhone video look better on social media platforms.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
How to crop a video on a Mac computer using iMovie
1. Open Finder.
2. Click on Applications.
3. Scroll down to iMovie and open it up.
4. Click on File along the top bar, then click on “New Movie.”
5. In the New Movie, you will see a button inviting you to Import Media. Click on that.
6. Once you’ve clicked on Import Media, it will pull up access to your computer’s files. Look through until you find the video you want to crop, then click on it. It will be imported into iMovie.
7. Grab the video file and drag it down into the iMovie timeline.
8. Once it is in the timeline and selected, it will show up in the editing box in the right corner.
9. Click on the crop icon, which is represented by two overlapping right angle corners.
10. Within the cropping feature, you have the following two options:
“Crop to Fill” automatically crops your video to …read more
Source:: Business Insider