Summary List Placement
If you regularly delete your iPhone messages or recently mass deleted them to free up storage space, hopefully you saved the texts you still needed.
But in the case you didn’t, and now need to recover one or more, you can retrieve your deleted texts by restoring a recent backup version from iCloud or your computer through iTunes.
And if you want to recover your deleted messages from your iPhone without having to overwrite your iPhone and lose other data, you can check to see if your iCloud account is backing up your texts or using a paid third-party app.
Here’s how to do it all.
Recover deleted text messages on iPhone with an iCloud backup
If your iPhone is set to backup to iCloud, you may be able to recover a deleted text message from a recent backup by doing a full restore.
Note: An iCloud backup will revert your iPhone back to a point when you still had the deleted text messages, so you may lose some saved data or have to sign back into certain apps.
To recover deleted messages on iPhone with iCloud:
1. Open the Settings app and tap your name at the top.
2. Select iCloud > iCloud Backup and check that your iPhone has been backed up recently.
3. Go back to the main Settings menu and select General.
4. Scroll down and click Reset > Erase all Content and Settings > Erase now.
5. Your iPhone will take a few minutes to reset to factory conditions. After that, you’ll be greeted with the iPhone’s initial welcome screen. Go through the first few steps, and on the Apps & Data screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
6. Sign in to iCloud to access your backups, then choose which backup you want to restore from the list of iCloud backups, each of …read more
Source:: Business Insider