Summary List Placement
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
Here’s what you need to know before US markets open.
1. S&P futures reached new highs after the Fed said it would continue to keep monetary policy loose. Global stocks also rose.
2. Bitcoin could be a Chinese financial weapon against the US, Peter Thiel says. The billionaire tech investor said bitcoin might threaten the dollar.
3. Robinhood failed to disclose certain trading data for over a year, report says. Brokerages have previously been fined by regulators in such cases.
4. US retail investors have recovered faster than anticipated from losses made in February. Older investors are likely leading this buying round, according to Vanda Research.
5. Not owning Tesla stock is a bigger risk than owning it, Morgan Stanley says. The company will have a huge advantage due to Biden’s infrastructure bill, according to the bank.
6. Earnings expected. Hua Xia bank released its full-year results, while Nokia, Bank of Canada, and UBS are holding their annual general meetings.
7. Coming up on the economic calendar. China’s Year-on-Year Consumer Price Index figures were published, while US Fed Chair Powell is due to make remarks.
8. A crypto founder breaks down how he secured $50 million in assets under management within 3 months of launching a VC firm. Atif Yaqub shares how investors should approach understanding the DeFi space.
9. 3 outperforming China-focused US investors debate whether the recent sell-off in Chinese stocks presents a buying opportunity. They also share the four industries where they are looking to scoop up cheaper names.
10. Merrill Lynch says the economy’s monumental turnaround is pushing the …read more
Source:: Business Insider