crypto coins circle
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
If this was forwarded to you, sign up here. Plus, download Insider’s app for news on the go – click here for iOS and here for Android.
Let’s jump in.
1. US fututes are inching up after the softer inflation reading. Oil is rallying again after a draw in inventory levels. Take a look at what’s gone on so far today.
2. Steve Cohen has agreed to back a new crypto quant-trading firm. Radkl will be receiving funding from Cohen himself, rather than his hedge fund Point72, according to the WSJ. Here’s why the billionaire is pouring money into the digital asset space.
3. A math teacher earned an extra $114,000 trading stocks in 2020. Steve Chen used a low-risk investing strategy as a way to supplement his income, and was recently able to quit his job. Read about the four pillars of his trading approach.
4. On the docket: Inditex S.A., Darktrace PLC, and Weber, all reporting.
5. Cathie Wood predicts bitcoin will hit $500,000. The Ark Invest CEO also said the firm’s confidence in ether has gone up dramatically, and voiced praise for Elon Musk. Here’s how Wood plans to structure her firm’s crypto portfolio.
6. The S&P 500 may get a 10% correction in the near-term, says Morgan Stanley’s stock chief. Mike Wilson said the index’s relentless 2021 surge may be misleading, and a weakness in the market may reveal itself soon. See his full comments here.
7. The SEC may prohibit trading of 270 Chinese companies by 2024. Per an op-ed by Gary Gensler, the SEC will do so unless overseas companies open their books for auditing. Read what else the SEC chairman’s said on China.
8. A …read more
Source:: Business Insider